Welcome to BC Parks
Snow is falling; winter is here with wonderland views. Photo Whisker's Point Park
- March 4, 2014BC Parks Invites Public Comments on a Draft Policy for Issuing Park Use Permits for Research Purposes.
BC Parks is clarifying the legislative and policy framework for research activities in parks and protected areas and are interested in your views.
Please visit the web page to provide your input.
- February 20, 2014Special Public Avalanche Warning for Most of BC’s Mountainous Regions
Special Public Avalanche Warning for most of BC’s mountainous regions in effect for all CAC forecast regions except for the North Shore and Yukon from February 20 (today) until February 26.
The Canadian Avalanche Centre warns of significant potential for large, destructive avalanches in forecast regions.
Before heading out to the backcountry, please check the Canadian Avalanche Centres’ (CAC) webpage for Avalanche Warnings.
- February 20, 2014Reservations Open on March 15th at 9am PDT.
On March 15 starting at 9:00 am (PDT) reservations for front country campsites, for up to 3 months prior to your arrival date, open.
Please be aware the Frontcountry Camping Reservations Service will open on a Saturday this year, this means reservations will be taken starting at 9am PDT.
- February 4, 2014Get Outside BC - 2013 Final Report
For the third year in a row, BC Parks partnered with CPAWS-BC, the Child and Nature Alliance of Canada and MEC to host the Get Outside BC Youth Leadership program. Through this project we are building a network of young people across the province who are passionate about parks and spending time outside.
» View The Final Report [PDF 3.37MB]
- January 14, 2014Highway 16 Reopened
- Highway 16 near Mount Robson at the BC and Alberta border has been reopened, after an avalanche Monday morning had closed the highway for most of the day.
For recent highway reports, and driving conditions, please visit the Drive BC web site: http://www.drivebc.com/mobile/pub/events/majorevents.html
- January 13, 2014Avalanche closes Highway 16
- A large avalanche deposited debris on Highway 16 at Shale Hill, east of the Robson Visitor center.
Highway 16 is currently closed between Tete Jaune Cache and the Alberta Border due to high avalanche hazard. The Ministry of Transportation is monitoring the situation. It is unknown when the highway will be open, but updates will be posted to the Drive BC web site as information comes available: http://www.drivebc.com/mobile/pub/events/majorevents.html
- November 21, 2013BC Parks 2012/13 Annual Report and Statistics Report
The BC Parks 2012/13 Annual Report provides information on the full breadth of BC Parks’ management activities. The Annual Report tells BC Parks’ success stories, recognizes the work done by staff and our many partners, showcases key projects and facility investments, and discusses challenges and lessons learned.
The BC Parks 2012/13 Statistics Report is available below. It contains detailed park attendance and revenue tables and graphs, satisfaction survey information and financial tables.
» BC Parks 2012/13 Annual Report [PDF 2.28MB]
» BC Parks 2012/13 Statistics Report [PDF 987.32KB]
- October 23, 2013Learn to Fish – 2013 Final Report
In 2013 the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC (FFSBC), in partnership with Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation (HCTF), Columbia Basin Trust Fund, the Province of B.C., and BC Parks, delivered the Learn to Fish (L2F) program to 2,599 youth and their families over 80 sessions in provincial parks across B.C.
Thank you for your continued support of this program.
- October 23, 2013BC Parks' Online Store has New Items!
Have you checked out the BC Parks Mechandise pages lately? We have new products; beautiful BC Parks travel mugs and and water bottles.
- October 22, 2013Kids Art Contest Winners 2013
For the 2013 Art Contest, BC Parks asked young artists to tell us what they like best about BC Parks. Thanks to all the amazing young artists who submitted their masterpieces for judging!