Kootenay Park Services Ltd.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Kikomun Creek Provincial Park
- Surveyors and Ponderosa campgrounds are now 100% reservable. First come first serve (FCFS) sites are available in the Kalispell campgrounds within Kikomun Creek.
- Ponderosa campground has been completed and now has a new shower/toilet building.
- Electric Hookups - Ponderosa campground offers 14 vehicle accessible campsites with electrical hook-ups. The charge is an extra $5/night. Please note: For sites with electrical hookups, there are no firepits.
- Fishing for Kokanee in the reservoir has been excellent although fish are small.
- Cabins are available for rent in the Park at the Ponderosa Campsite and near the Ponderosa Groupsite. More information is available here.
About This ParkLocated in a dry sunny area of the province, this park preserves an example of Interior Douglas fir and Ponderosa pine forest and grassland habitat. Paved roads within this family oriented park are conducive to biking.
Park Size: 682 hectares
- Visitors are asked to only enjoy viewing the painted turtles. Because the survival rate of these turtles is low, it is crucial that they be protected in the park and treated with respect by visitors. IT IS AN OFFENCE TO DISTURB, ABUSE OR REMOVE TURTLES FROM THE PARK.
| Campground Dates of Operation
All dates are subject to change without notice
|Opening and Closing Campground Dates:
(campground is accessible but may not offer full services such as water, security, etc.)
|May 6 – September 29
|Campground Dates with Full Services and Fees:||May 6 – September 29|
|Campground Reservable Dates:||May 16 – September 2|
|Total Number of Vehicle Accessible Campsites:||168|
|Number of Reservable Campsites, if applicable:
(all remaining sites are first-come, first-served)
|Note: The above information is for the campground only. Park users can still walk into the park if conditions such as weather permit. Check the "Attention Visitor Notice" above for park alerts.|
ReservationsAll reservable, vehicle accessible campsites, group sites and cabins must be reserved through Discover Camping.
Campsite reservations are accepted and first-come, first-served sites are also available.
Group Campsite/Picnic Reservations:
Group campsite reservations are accepted for two group campsites through Discover Camping for dates starting May 16 to September 2nd. Picnic/day-use area is available on a first-come, first-served basis only and is not reservable at this park.
Cabin reservations are accepted for two cabins through Discover Camping for dates starting May 16 to September 2nd.
Location and MapsPlease note: Any maps listed are for information only - they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Maps and BrochuresAny maps listed are for information only - they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- Park map [PDF 205KB]
Nature and Culture
- History - Created on May 18, 1972, the park is located on Lake Koocanusa, a 144 km long reservoir created by the Libby Dam on the Kootenay River in Montana.
- Conservation - Because native grasslands are rare to this part of the country many endangered plants are found throughout the park. An extensive program to restore native grassland is underway in the park. Flowers, trees and shrubs are part of the park's natural heritage, please do not damage or remove them.
Management PlanningManagement Planning Information
- Approved Purpose Statement and Zoning Plan [PDF 38.01KB] for Kikomun Creek Provincial Park is available in pdf format.
Activities Available at this Park
Hunting is allowed in Kikomun Creek Provincial Park during a lawful game hunting season. Please check the Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis for specific details. Hunters are reminded that, it is prohibited to hunt or discharge a firearm or bow in a BC Park within 400m of either side of the center line of any park road.
Pets on Leash
Facilities Available at this Park
Cabins / Huts / Yurts
P1- Cabin is furnished with a double bed with single bunk, and single bunk beds sleeping a total of 5 persons. Power outlets within and without, indoor and outdoor picnic table. Campers are required to bring their own bedding and cooking apparatus. Please note there is no firepit at this location. Keys must be picked up from the gatehouse before 9pm.
P5- Larger cabin is furnished with two bunk beds with double beds on the bottom, singles on top sleeping a total of 6 persons. Power outlets within and without, indoor and outdoor picnic table. Campers are required to bring their own bedding and cooking apparatus. Please note there is no firepit at this location. Keys must be picked up from the gatehouse before 9pm.
Reservations for these cabins are available through Discover Camping for dates starting May 16 to September 2.
Youth group camping charges per night are $1/person (6+), with a $50 minimum and $150 maximum.
Regular group camping charges per night are the base rate for the site, which is $100.00/group site/night, plus $4/adult (16+, minimum charge for 15 adults), plus $1/child (6-15).
Pit or Flush Toilets
Vehicle Accessible Camping
Electrification: $5.00 extra per night