Bowron Lake Reservations
There are two types of reservations that can be made at Bowron Lake Provincial Park:
- Reservations for the Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit (Backcountry) can be made on-line or via the call centre ($5 surcharge applies) for the entire season, starting on January 2, annually. Reservation policies on this page apply to the Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit (Backcountry).
- Reservation for the Bowron Lake frontcountry campsite can be made on-line or via the call centre ($5 surcharge applies) for up to 3 months in advance of your arrival date, starting on March 15, annually. For Frontcountry campsite reservation policies, please click here: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/reserve/frontcountry.html
For more information about Bowron Lake Provincial Park, including maps, Canoe Circuit information and the pre-trip booklet, please visit the Bowron Lake Provincial Park page: (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/bowron_lk/)
Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit (Backcountry) Reservation Policies:
- Reservations may be booked up to 2 days prior to departure date.
- Reservations for the Bowron Lake Canoe circuit are based on a per vessel charge of $18.00 (plus tax) in addition to the user fees ($60.00 per person for the Full canoe circuit and $30.00 per person for the West Side).
- All transaction charges and user fees will be collected in full at the time of booking.
- Reservations can be made using any of the following credit cards: American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
- All canoe circuit users must attend a mandatory orientation session (9:00 am or 12:00 noon) and visitors must report to the Registration Centre by the specified time.
- At 3:00 p.m. visitors who have not claimed their reservation are considered no-shows. No-shows’ reservations will be given to first-come, first served visitors. No refunds are granted for No-shows.
- Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit paddlers are responsible for bringing or renting their own equipment (personal flotation devices, paddles, vessels etc). Reservation transactions only include your reservation charges and user (camping) fees and do not include equipment rental.
Changes, Cancellations and Refunds:
- Changes to a reservation can be made for a charge of $6.00 (plus tax) per vessel, provided that space is available. No changes are permitted 21 days or less before the departure date.
- Cancellations are subject to a $6.00 (plus tax) per vessel cancellation charge.
- Refunds – If a trip is cancelled more than 21 days before the departure date, customers receive a full refund less cancellation and non-refundable reservation charges. If cancellations are made with 21 or less days notice, no refunds apply. Transaction (reservation, change, cancellation) charges are non-refundable.
- Groups on the Bowron Lake Canoe circuit are defined as a minimum of 7 to a maximum of 14 people.
- Reservations for group parties (7 to 14 people) are mandatory.
- Only one group departure is permitted per day on the Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit.
- Groups must have a designated leader, responsible for registration and the conduct and actions of all persons in their group.
- Groups must camp in the designated group sites.
- Groups must complete a fixed 7 day Full Circuit or a fixed 3 day West Circuit.
- If a change or partial cancellation results in less than 7 people in group (no longer a “group” by definition), the group policy still applies and campsite allocations as per the reservation made and must pay for a minimum of 7 people.