Terrestrial Ecosystem Information (TEI)
Terrestrial Ecosystem Information(TEI) is BC's ecosystem, terrain, soils and wildlife habitat mapping information. TEI services include the development, management and provision of TEI standards, data storage systems, information access tools, data submission websites and end-user support and related training materials.
Specifically, TEI includes the following project types:
- Terrestrial Ecosystem Mapping (TEM)
- Predictive Ecosystem Mapping (PEM)
- Sensitive Ecosystems Inventory (SEI)
- Bioterrain mapping (TBT)
- Terrain mapping (TER) (including Terrain Stability Mapping and Landslide Inventory)
- Soil mapping (SOIL)
- Wildlife Habitat Ratings (WHR)
- Species Distribution Mapping (SDM)
The TEI inventory of data includes scanned maps, attribute data, spatial (GIS) datasets, project reports and other project files.
For more information, see the topics on the Menu to the left to view more options (expand the topic of interest by clicking on the small arrow).